This consists of the following activity based worksheets:
- Know the parts of a tree.
What kind of tree is it? Use clues such as tree shape/form, type of tree, bark, twigs/buds, leaves, flowers, berries/fruit/nuts to figure out a species of tree.
- Woodland habitat.
- The importance of trees to people.
- Conservation or destruction of trees.
- The role of exotic trees in Northern Ireland focusing on Pissards Plum, Cabbage Tree and Monterey Cypress.
Please download teacher guidance notes and student worksheets below.
- CCP Investigating Trees Guidance Notes Colour- 17/07/2007
- CCP Investigating Trees Guidance Notes Mono- 17/07/2007
- CCP Investigating Trees Worksheets Colour- 17/07/2007
- CCP Investigating Trees Worksheets Mono- 17/07/2007