What Larne Community Safety Partnership hopes to do.
Larne Community Safety Partnership focuses its work on five main topics:
Priority 1: Anti Social Behaviour
- Biggest concern of local people (63%)
- Public nuisance an issue (45%)
- Want action against those responsible for ASB (66%)
- More youth diversionary activity wanted (55%)
- Rowdy Inconsiderate behaviour makes up 63% of reported ASB
- ASB cited in Regional Priorities
Priority 2: Criminal Damage
- 49% concerned about this.
- Having property damaged is a fear for 58%
- Having car broken into is a fear for 44%
- Criminal damage is 31% of total offences reported
Priority 3: Drugs & Alcohol Misuse
- 48% concerned re drug misuse & dealing
- 66% want anti-drugs campaign
- Recorded crime levels low – significant underreporting likely
- Drugs and Alcohol cited in Regional Priorities.
Priority 4: Burglary
- 39% perceive it as problem in their area
- Biggest fear of 78%
- Domestic burglary up 27%
Priority 5: Offences Against the Person
- 32% said that fear of being assaulted was one of their biggest fears
- Offences against the person make up around 30% of recorded crime
- Violent Crime (of which ‘Offences Against the Person’ is a part) is cited in Regional Priorities.
The priorities detailed in the action plans will be delivered by Larne Community Safety Partnership. The groups that will coordinate and implement the Action Plan, which will reduce crime, fear of crime and tackle anti social behaviour, improve safety, making the Larne Borough a safer, cleaner, greener environment with enhancing quality of life.