A Shopmobility scooter is available for use in Carnfunnock Country Park, subject to the production of a Shop Mobility Membership Card or a Scooter Driving Licence issued by the Disabled Ramblers (NI).
Unfortunately anyone without this identification and training will not be able to avail of this service.
1. No under 16's are permitted to use the scooter.
2. The scooter is free to use but any damage incurred whilst in use will be billed to the person using the scooter. The scooter will be inspected by Carnfunnock staff prior to and after use.
3. Anyone wishing to use this scooter will be required to register their details in the Visitor Centre.
4. For health and safety reasons:
a. No one using the scooter is permitted to allow a child or anyone else to sit on their knee.
b. Certain areas are currently unsuitable for scooter users i.e. Wildlife Garden and woodland area in nature reserve. Shopmobility has recommended 2 mobility scooter routes within Carnfunnock and these can be downloaded below or obtained from the Visitor Centre.
c. The scooter can only be issued to the person using it i.e. it cannot be collected by someone else. Carnfunnock staff will be pleased to assist and bring it to a visitors vehicle in the Park but we request that customers phone in advance to arrange this. Tel: 028 2827 0541
5. If anyone wishes to obtain their Scooter Driving Licence they should contact Shopmobility directly to arrange training. Tel: 028 9032 4466