Larne Borough Sports Awards 2006
Larne Borough Sports Forum played host to the Inaugural Larne Borough Sports Awards on Thursday 22 February 2007 and were delighted to welcome. Mr Lawrie Sanchez, Northern Ireland International Football Manager to the McNeill Theatre as their guest speaker.
The aim of the event was to recognise and reward the sporting achievements of the people of the Borough of Larne during 2006 and the evening was hailed as a resounding success by all of the 150 guests in attendance.
The Inaugural Award Winners were:
Debbie Hannah - Sailing
Sports Performer of the Year 2006 – sponsored by the Larne Gazette
Conor Leaney - Swimming
Junior Sports Performer of the Year 2006 – sponsored by FG Wilsons
Barbara Andrews - Swimming
Coach of the Year 2006 – sponsored by Toal’s Bookmakers
Cairndhu Rowing Club – Senior Ladies Team
Team of the Year 2006 – sponsored by Northern Bank
Larne Youth – Youth Football
Junior Club / Team of the Year 2006 – sponsored by Larne BC Leisure Services
Larne Special Olympics Club
The Challenger Award 2006 – sponsored by Larne BC Sports Development Unit
Ronnie Blair – Men’s Hockey
Services to Sport Award 2006– sponsored by the Larne Trader’s Forum
Jim McFaul - Bowls
Veterans Award 2006 – sponsored by Inver Garden Centre
Following the success of the inaugural Larne Borough Sports Awards the Larne Borough Sports Forum is delighted to announce that this year’s awards ceremony will be held on Thursday 21 February 2008 in Larne Leisure Centre. UTV Sport correspondant Mr Adrian Logan will host the evening and our guest-speaker will be the phenomenal Mrs Janet Gray MBE, four-times World Disabled Water Ski Champion.
The categories are as follows:
• Sports Performer of the Year – sponsored by the Larne Gazette
• Junior Sports Performer of the Year – sponsored by FG Wilsons
• Coach of the Year – sponsored by Toal’s Bookmakers
• Team of the Year – sponsored by the Northern Bank
• Junior Club / Team of the Year – sponsored by Larne Borough Council Leisure Services Section
• The Challenger Award – sponsored by Larne Borough Council Sports Development Section
• Services to Sport Award – sponsored by the Larne Trader’s Forum
• Veterans Award – sponsored by Inver Garden Centre
For further information, please contact the Sports Development Unit on 02828 260478.