Bishop McFaul Plaque
Location: St. MacNissi's Roman Catholic Church, Agnew Street, Larne
James Augustine McFaul was but a baby when he accompanied his parents on the journey from their home at Rory's Glen, Kilwaughter, to a new life across the Atlantic. Bishop McFaul was born in 1850 and he studied at Pennsylvania and New York before being ordained to the priesthood in New Jersey in May, 1877. Throughout his life he remained devout in faith, and in 1894 he was elevated to the position of Bishop of Trenton, New Jersey.
Like Dr. Brady, another son of Kilwaughter, Bishop McFaul did not forget his links with this part of the world. In 1906, shortly after two new transepts had been added to the church, he donated three beautiful stained glass windows depicting the Resurrection. The windows were erected in memory of Bishop McFaul's parents who guided his path from those early years at Rory's Glen to high ecclesiastical office in New Jersey.