Rev. Dr. James Boyd Brady Plaque
Location: Larne Methodist Church, Glenarm Road, Larne
Dr. Brady, who was born at Kilwaughter, emigrated to the USA in 1867 and earned fame there as a Methodist cleric. He ministered at Newark, Boston and elsewhere, including a fruitful period at the People's Temple in Boston, then believed to have been the largest Methodist Episcopal Church in the world. Dr. Brady was also a missionary and religious author.
The family had been closely identified with the Methodist Church in Larne, and when a new building was being erected in 1885, Rev. Dr. Brady underlined that he had not forgotten his friends on this side of the Atlantic, by donating beautiful stained glass windows to the church. The windows, which form a centrepiece in the church, depict the Kingship of God, and have embodied within them the symbols of Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end.